Thursday 3 May 2018

We caught up with Mairi from GingerVegan (Instagram) to speak about vegan fashion & vegan cooking

Vegan fashion jewellery
Mairi's latest post from Instagram featuring our Timeless Cream Stone Bracelet


Vegan fashion jewellery


We recently caught with with Mairi from GingerVegan over at Instagram to chat about our combined passion for vegan fashion and vegan cooking.

Mairi is the creative genius behind her instagram page "GingerVegan". She's now based in Ireland (after living in Switzerland for a number of years!) and is responsible for all the content she posts on her page. Mairi posts daily updates on her instagram page and has created some well thought-out,  balanced, healthy vegan meals. So, if you're ever stuck for some creative flare that doesn't come at the price of suffering to others, be sure to head on over to her page. Prepare yourself to be inspired!

You can read about what we chatted about below:

- How did you get into cooking?

I suppose I first started really cooking when I went to Art College. That is when I bought my first recipe books and I now have over 200! Then after I had my first child we moved to Switzerland where there is a much greater selection of seasonal fruit and vegetables and more of a culture of cooking from scratch, so I became more adventurous when we lived there and regularly made my own bread and cakes and biscuits.

- When did you make the switch to vegan?

I went vegan at the start of 2016. I had already cut out most dairy from my diet, so I thought I would try it out for a month and see if I could do it. After 2 weeks I wasn't missing anything so decided then that I was definitely staying vegan.

- What is your favourite thing to cook?

I love making cakes. In fact that is one of the things that stopped me going vegan for a long time. I didn't think it was possible to bake without eggs and butter. I have since discovered that you can make excellent vegan cakes, you just need a good recipe! 
I have also discovered that you can make delicious raw cakes and I love to find ways of making treats healthy but still delicious. Raw food, especially treats was something I had absolutely no idea about until I became vegan. 

- Favourite fashion company?

Of course I love Emi Jewellery and it is great that you have committed to being a fully vegan company. I hope more companies will follow suit. For clothes I actually make a lot of my own clothes and those for my family. I have my eye on some shoes at Will's Vegan Shoes. And on the high street I am really happy that H&M have a line of conscious clothing made with organic cotton. It would be nice if more companies could be more transparent about their production lines.

- Where do you see GingerVegan going as a brand for the future?

My dream is to have recipe books in the shops one day. For the moment I am working on my recipes and launching my blog soon. I'd like to have some sort of link between my recipes and fitness. Whether that is fitness and diet plans or even vegan fitness clothing I'm not quite sure yet. Watch this space!


Be sure to follow Mairi and her amazing vegan recipes over at Instagram. We've got a few collaborations planned for the future together too, so make sure to keep an eye out for that as well!

Thanks for sharing a small part of your life with us Mairi!

Love,
Xander. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment